Removable Full and Partial Dentures
Natural looking and well fitting complete or partial dentures can be fabricated for patients who prefer not to have dental implants, or for those that dental implants are not an option.
A wide variety of dentures are available for individuals who are missing some or all of their teeth. Complete dentures replace all of the teeth on the upper and/or lower jaw and rest on the gums that cover the jawbone. These dentures can be made more secure when attached to one or more tooth roots (overdenture) or to dental implants (implant overdenture). Some implant overdentures can be removed by the wearer and others can be removed only by a dental practitioner.
Partial dentures replace only some of the teeth and attach to the remaining natural teeth with clasps or mechanical components known as attachments (precision and semi-precision partial dentures, also called attachment partial dentures.) Dr Davantzis has extensive experience in determining the best way to replace your missing teeth, and will help you decide what type of denture and treatment plan is best for you.
Getting your Dentures: The Process
- The types of treatments needed before dentures can be placed and the amount of time those treatments take will vary depending upon a person’s overall oral health, the number and location of missing teeth, and the type of denture selected to replace those teeth. These treatments can include:
- Impressions or molds of the contour of the mouth, used as a model for the denture
- Extractions to remove any unhealthy teeth
- Implant surgery for those receiving implant overdentures
- Adjustments to achieve the best fit and level of comfort once dentures are placed.
For more information on dentures and tooth replacement, call your Bayside NY dentist
today at (718) 279-9700 or Click Here to schedule an appointment.
Related Denture Articles: