Dental Implants & Prosthetics
Advantages of dental implants
- Implants and their prosthetics are extremely natural looking
- Single tooth replacement prevents the destruction of adjacent, healthy teeth which is necessary if constructing a traditional fixed bridge
- Fusion of the implants into your jaw make them very stable and comfortable compared to traditional dentures
Types of implants
Dr Davantzis will be able to tell you which of the three types of implants is right for you:
- Root form implant: This is the most common type of implant where the screw is shaped like the root of a tooth.
- Plate Form Implant: A plate form implant has a flat and long shape and is better suited for a narrow jawbone.
- Subperiosteal Implants: In some cases where there is not enough bone width or height for the root form or plate form implant, a subperiosteal implant may be prescribed. This type of implant is designed to sit on top of the bone, but under the gums.
For more information on dental implants and other ways to replace missing teeth and improve your smile, call our Bayside NY office today at (718) 279-9700 or Click Here to schedule an appointment. We're all about your smile...